Kenneth Lee McIlwain "Shug", native and resident of Tibbie, Alabama passed away Friday, February 26, 2021 at Mobile Infirmary, Mobile, Alabama.
Kenny was preceded in death by his father, James W. "Jimmy" McIlwain, Sr. and grandparents, Homer & Doris Byrd and Otis & A.D. McIlwain. He is survived by his mother, Carol Byrd McIlwain, his brother James "Mac" McIlwain, Jr. (Christy), his beloved nieces McKenzie and Madelyn McIlwain, and special aunts, Joyce McIlwain & Marilyn Parnell.
Kenny attended Washington County High School (Class of 1994) and received a master of science (Agronomy) in 2002.
He was employed at Baldwin County Commission as: Global Information Systems Manager.
Pallbearers ~ Hank Whitely, Tracy Turner, John Nabors, Claude Coaker, Jon Odom, Craig Richardson, Adrian Copeland and Chuck Lynn.
Honorary Pallbearers ~ Brian Peacock, Joe Ryan, Bobby F. Williams, John Byrd and Chris Tucker.
Visitation will be Sunday, February 28, 2021, 2:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM at Tibbie Baptist Church. Funeral Service will follow at 3:00 PM with Bro. Woody Baugh & Bro. Ernest Tucker officiating and St. Stephens Funeral Home directing. Interment will be at Tibbie Baptist Church Cemetery.
*In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Pilots For Christ, Monroeville, Alabama at 107 Airport Road, Monroeville, AL. 36460
1) The family respectfully asks that attendees adhere to outlined COVID protocols below
2) Family members not under the same household observe 6 feet social distancing. There will be overflow seating in the fellowship hall with audio/visual of the service. It will also be broadcast over FM so you are welcome to sit in your car and listen.
3) Attendees wear masks while indoors
4) Respect seating markings indoors - every other pew will be closed for seating to support social distancing
5) Attendees are welcome to come between 2-3 PM for visitation/viewing. The family will NOT be in a receiving line during visitation.
6) The family appreciates the prayers and well wishes along with attendance at the funeral services; however, please understand that we will limit the family social contact.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Kenneth Lee "Shug" Mcilwain, please visit our floral store.